Friday, September 05, 2008

War Resister Update


International Radio Program Features U.S. War Resisters in Canada

In its weekly show on September 5, he radio program, Soundprint, produced by WAMU public radio in Washington, DC, focused on U.S. war resisters in Canada. The half-hour show, called Something’s Happening Here, was produced by Bob Carly of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. It features interviews with Iraq War resister Jeremy Hinzman, war resister lawyer Jeffry House, Vietnam War resisters Bill King and his wife Kris, among others.

This show is quite interesting from a historical point of view and well worth listening to. But it is apparently an older documentary, surprisingly out-of-date. It makes no mention of the recent deportation of war resister Robin Long or the threatened deportation of Jeremy Hinzman and his family.

The Soundprint website includes links to books by Vietnam War resisters Dick Perrin and John Hagan. It also links to the website of the War Resisters Support Campaign. Links are also provided to websites purported to be those of Iraq War resisters Jeremy Hinzman and Brandon Hughey. However, this is does not appear to be Hinzman’s website, but rather a domain name up for sale. And in the case of Brandon Hughey’s old website,
Google Ads has generously placed recruitment ads for the U.S. Army. Go figure….
http://www.soundprint.org/radio/display_show/ID/664/name/Something's+Happening+Here/

Good News for Corey Glass

Corey Glass, Iraq War veteran and resister, has married his Canadian sweetheart. And he has been given “leave to appeal” negative decisions made in his Pre-Removal Risk Assessment and the denial of his request to immigrate to Canada on “humanitarian and compassionate” grounds. Glass was on the verge of being deported from Canada in early July. It is hoped that Jeremy Hinzman and family, who have been ordered to leave Canada by September 23 or face deportation, will also be allowed to appeal negative decisions against them.
http://wmtc.blogspot.com/2008/09/good-war-resister-news.html

Stop the Deportations! -- Pan-Canadian Day of Action

In the meantime, the War Resisters Support Campaign is gearing up for a Pan-Canadian Day of Action on September 13, to press the Canadian government to respect the will of the Canadian people and Parliament by allowing U.S. war resisters to immigrate to Canada. To see the impressive list of participating cities, go to
http://www.resisters.ca/september13.html.

Now is the time to do all we can to stop these pending deportations and to press the Canadian government to provide sanctuary for U.S. war resisters. There is plenty that people in both Canada and the U.S. can do. While the battle is in Canada, it is important that the Canadian government know that people in the U.S. support the war resisters and want an end to all deportation proceedings. See
http://www.resisters.ca/actions.html

Screen War Resister Film Breaking Ranks

In conjunction with the Pan-Canadian Day or Action, filmmaker Michelle Mason is arranging showings of her award winning film, Breaking Ranks, an in-depth look at four Iraq War resisters in Canada, including Jeremy Hinzman who is now fighting the prospect of imminent deportation. September 14 showings of Breaking Ranks are taking place in cities across Canada. For more information, contact Michelle Mason at
cypress-park@shaw.ca. If you would like to arrange a showing with a speaker in the U.S., contact Gerry Condon at projectsafehaven@hotmail.com.

Robin Long Speaks

Robin Long, the first (and hopefully the last) Iraq War resister to be deported by the Conservative government of Canada, has been sentenced to 15 months n a military prison and a Dishonorable Discharge. For more information, and to hear his post-sentencing interview with Courage To Resist, go to
www.couragetoresist.org.

Will Pending Federal Election in Canada Help War Resisters?

The Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper is expected to dissolve the Parliament in the coming days, paving the way for a federal election in Canada. With 64% of the Canadian people wanting to provide sanctuary for U.S. war resisters, this could become a significant issue in the campaign, along with the fact that the Conservatives have defied the will of the Parliament.

But many Canadians consider the Liberal Party leadership to be weak, and the Conservatives have, unfortunately, gained some legitimacy as a credible ruling party. And, while left and liberal forces are divided among four parties, conservatives are now united in a single party. Political pundits in Canada think the outcome of the election is a toss-up. But the possibility of another minority Conservative government looms large. Hopefully this outcome, or worse – a Conservative majority government – can be averted. At any rate, now is the time for all those who support U.S. war resisters to be making a whole lot of noise.


Support for War Resisters is Growing in the U.S.

Support for war resisters in the United States is growing, due in no small part to the leadership of Courage To Resist, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Veterans For Peace, and others. The Campus Antiwar Network carried a large banner reading Support War Resisters in a recent protest march at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkeyouttanowhere/2830969028/

This War Resister Update was compiled by Gerry Condon for Project Safe Haven, which is badly in need of funds in order to continue its work in support of war resisters. Please consider making a donation today.

Tax-deductible checks can be made out to Alliance for Global Justice (or AFGJ), with Project Safe Haven in the memo line, and mailed to Gerry Condon, 3233 Walnut Ave. SW, Seattle, WA 98116.

Or credit card donations can be made online at
http://www.nicanet.org/?page_id=341. If you make a credit card donation, or decide to mail your check directly to AFGJ, please also notify Gerry Condon at projectsafehaven@hotmail.com.

If you have questions, please contact Gerry Condon at 206-499-1220.
_______________________________________________

Soldier Say No / Project Safe Haven
projectsafehaven@hotmail.com, SoldierSayNo@yahoo.com

www.SoldierSayNo.blogspot.com

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ultima Online Gold, UO Gold, crestingwait
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
buy uo gold
lotro gold
wow gold
warhammer gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
buy aoc gold
Age of Conan Gold, AOC Gold

feilin said...

I like Archlord gold very much. Since I entered into this game, I learnt skills to earn Archlord money. Thanks to archlord online Gold let me know a lot of friends. It is my habit to buy Archlord gold, and I get some cheap Archlord gold from my friends and Internet.
I like to play Asda Story, because I like its name, also I like Asda Story gold. My friend told me that she would buy Asda Story money for me, and I was so happy. I do not like to go shopping, because it always spends a lot of money, but I never hesitate to buy Asda Story Gold. You can buy cheap Asda Story gold; it is so easy and convenient.

xxmy said...

Weekends to people ig2tmean that they can have a two-day wowgold4europe good rest. For example, people [url=http://www.gameusd.org ]gameusd[/url]can go out to enjoy themselves or get meinwowgold together with relatives and friends to talk with each storeingame other or watch interesting video tapes with the speebie whole family.
Everyone spends agamegold weekends in his ownmmofly way. Within two days, some people can relax themselves by listening to music, reading novels, or watching ogeworld films. Others perhaps are more active by playing basketball, wimming or mmorpgvip dancing. Different people have different gamesavor relaxations.
I often spend weekends withoggsale my family or my friends. Sometimes my parents take me on a visit to their old friends. Sometimesgamersell I go to the library to study or borrow some books to mmovirtex gain much knowledge. I also go to see various exhibition to broaden rpg trader my vision. An excursion to seashore or mountain resorts is my favorite way of spending weekends. Weekends are always enjoyable for me.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to know the magic of online games, and here you can get more knight gold. Do you want to have a try? Come on and knight noah can make you happy. You can change a lot knight online gold for play games. And you can practice your game skill. Playing online games can knight online noah. I often come here and buy it. And you can use the cheap knight gold do what you want to do in the online game.

Anonymous said...

What do you know requiem gold. And do you want to know? You can get requiem lant here. And welcome to our website, here you can play games, and you will get requiem money to play game. I know cheap requiem lant, and it is very interesting.Do you want a try, come and view our website, and you will learn much about requiem online gold.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to know the magic of online games, and here you can get more Rose zuly. Do you want to have a try? Come on and rose zulie can make you happy.You can change a lot rose online zuly for play games. Playing online games can make much rose online zulie. And you can Arua ROSE zuly do what you want to do in the online game.

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice game silkroad gold, I like sro gold. You can play it silkroad online gold, you can buy the cheap silk road gold. You smart and buy cheap silkroad gold.

Anonymous said...

It is a very nice game silkroad gold, I like sro gold. You can play it silkroad online gold, you can buy the cheap silk road gold. You smart and buy cheap silkroad gold.

Anonymous said...

I want give they happy time, twelve sky Gold, I work here with 12sky gold. Though, I can not make much money, twelvesky Gold, But I want to Exercise myself, 12Sky Silver Coins, I get up early 12 sky gold

Anonymous said...

It is the Metin2 gold which make me very happy these days, my brother says Metin2 yang is his favorite games gold he likes, he usually buy some Cheap metin2 yang to start his game and most of the time he will win the Cheap metin2 gold back and give me some Buy metin2 gold to play the game.

Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some mabinogi gold, he usually can win a lot of cheap mabinogi, then he let his friends all have some mabinogi money, his friends thank him very much for introducing them the buy mabinogi gold, they usually mabinogi online gold together.

Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some Solstice Kron, he usually can win a lot of Solstice Online Kron, then he let his friends all have some Solstice Gold, his friends thank him very much for introducing them the Solstice Online Gold, they usually buy Solstice Kron together. And then share their cheap Solstice Kron to each other. At last they all get some Solstice Online money than before.

Anonymous said...

Do you know fiesta Gold? I like it. My brother often go to the internet bar to buy fiesta money and play it. After school, He likes playing games using these fiesta online gold with his friend. I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many buy fiesta Gold and play the game with me. I came to the bar following him and found fiesta online money was so cheap.

Anonymous said...

Do you know eve isk? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy eve online isk and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these buy isk with his friend.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap eve isk and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found buy eve online isk was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

Anonymous said...

Do you know dofus kama? I like it. My brother often goes to the internet bar to buy kamas and play it. After school, He likes playing games using these cheap kamas with his friend. I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many dofus gold and play the game with me. I came to the bar following him and found buy dofus kamas was so cheap.

Anonymous said...

rohan crone has many ways for us to use. When you start the Rohan Online game, your character will be level 1. I remembered that when I started playing this Rohan game with some little cheap rohan money. My friends all told me that the best way to spend rohan online gold is a good way. But I could not like spending my own rohan online crone. If you do not like upgrading level step by step, you can cost rohan gold to help your character to reach level high.

Anonymous said...

Remembered the first time I played the game and bought wonderland Gold , it is about two years. Since the first day I bought wonderland online Gold , we should know that the day will come sooner or later. And I will not leave my wonderland money . My friends forever, even though I will leave you one day, I will remember you forever. At that time, I was a naive; I must used money to buy wonderland Gold , as that I would not depend on myself. But I was not regret to buy cheap wonderland online Gold . It is just a way bring me to the success.

Anonymous said...

Remembered the first time I played the game and bought wonderland Gold , it is about two years. Since the first day I bought wonderland online Gold , we should know that the day will come sooner or later. And I will not leave my wonderland money . My friends forever, even though I will leave you one day, I will remember you forever. At that time, I was a naive; I must used money to buy wonderland Gold , as that I would not depend on myself. But I was not regret to buy cheap wonderland online Gold . It is just a way bring me to the success.

Anonymous said...

Have you heared about the game which you need use kal geons to play, and you can also borrow kal gold from other players? But you can buy kal online geons, or you will lose the choice if you do not have kal online gold. If you get kalonline Geons, you can continue this game.

Anonymous said...

Have you heared about the game which you need use Entropiauniverse ped to play, and you can also borrow Entropia Universe Gold from other players? But you can Buy Entropia Universe Gold, or you will lose the choice if you do not have Entropia Universe Money. If you get cheap Entropiauniverse ped, you can continue this game.

Anonymous said...

Have you heared about a game which you need use Atlantica online Gold to play, and you can also borrow Atlantica Gold from other players? But you can buy Atlantica online Gold, or you will lose the choice if you do not have cheap Atlantica online Gold. If you get Atlantica online money, you can continue this game.

Bruce said...

Today,we are proud to announce the launch of the new wedding support service sell ffxi gil,packed with features sure to sell ffxi gils delight adventurers across Vana'diel looking to exchange eternal vows with their beloved!Responding to player demands for greater customization,the new service will grant brides and grooms freedom in choosing location,timing,dialogue,and sell Final Fantasy XI Gil more for their ceremony,allowing them to create a truly memorable event all their own.Information on all the features,including in-game sell ffxi gil item vendors and wedding certificates,can be found on the new wedding support site,so head on over sell ffxi gils and get started planning the wedding of your dreams sell Final Fantasy XIGil!

qingcheng said...

Your blog is wonderful, I like it very much, thank you!
By the way, do you like polo shirts, which are very chic, especially the polo t shirts, I love them very much. I also like playing tennis rackets, it can keep healthy, what do you like to do?
We are the outlet of polo t shirts women, polo t shirts on sale, polo t shirts for women, polo shirts on sale, these products are best-seller in our store online.besides we also sell polo shirts men, men's polo shirt, men polo shirt, mens polo shirts, mens polo shirt and cheap polo shirts, discount polo shirts, men's polo shirts, women's polo shirts We are also the outlet of cheap tennis racket, discount tennis racket and the main product is prince tennis racquet, head tennis rackets, wilson tennis racket, babolat tennis racquet. So if you love sports, you should not miss our store, we can meet what you want, and you can find many surprise in our store

qishaya said...

abercrombiefitch.uk.com propose Concise design model, whether it is Abercrombie fitch or a shirt, jacket is a good array oh.Ultra-Zan’s pants manner. buy Abercrombie Make up your body a little less than the curve.Abercrombie sale Easily with any clothing, different shoes and boots with different styles. Both kind, genial comfort, you can also cool very special Abercrombie .Designed to highlight hurtful the chest, waist and hip, quite close, sexy extraordinary.Companies consider the use of at least 4 time in-gravity Japanese market. Ginza stockroom Abercrombie & FitchAbercrombie Sweaters may be the most costly ever built one of the flagship storeroom, flagship stockpile in cheap Abercrombie compared to superior construction expenses for 1800-2000 million. The circle spokesman said in Tokyo supplies opened for the Abercrombie & Fitch's worldwide growth policy in provisos of a very important measure. Ginza supply is the circle's first mass in Asia, the business campaign to open next year in Fukuoka, Japan, out of a moment Asian restaurant. However, abercrombie stores the spokeswoman did not disclose more shop list.present high level and high assess clothing for youngsters. The food extended of Abercrombie and Fitch embrace not only casual wears,breitling watches, shirts and dresses for the youngsters but it also includes luxury matter such as perfumes and discount Abercrombie accessories. The new limit of yield from Abercrombie and Fitch has superb designs for kids and teenagers. The strain is also recognized for its advertisements,model watches, where you have physically attractivpoorly clad men and women, who begin vigorous, abercrombie outlet enthusiastic, smart and outgoing.Abercrombie 2010

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010